High Success Rates
The Ontario black bear hunts at Lac Seuls Golden Eagle Resort have an extremely high success rate. The percentage of shootable black bears at our hunting stands is 90% since 2005. Our black bear hunting area contains over 500 square miles of land and the hunting areas are divided up for each group of hunters. We bait the bears consistently before the season begins and will always put you on a stand that is being actively hit. We will never put you on stands that have been used by previous hunters that year. On your first day hunting, we will help you get set up in the stand and teach your hunting group the black bear baiting process. After that, your bear hunting group takes the responsibility for transportation to the site and the recovery of the black bears after they’ve been hit.
All you need to bring for your bear hunting trip is groceries, personal hunting gear, fishing gear, life jackets, and a hunting license from your home state, if you plan to purchase licenses in Canada (otherwise you can go online to purchase and print licenses at home). This hunting license can be a previous or current one but needs to come from your home state and will be required in order for you to get your Ontario bear hunting license. Remember to bring that license. You also must be 16 years or older to hunt in Canada.
Proof of citizenship is required to enter Canada. Acceptable proof of citizenship includes a valid passport, a birth certificate with an official raised seal, and a voter registration card. Proof of auto insurance is also required if driving. Gun permits are required. Anyone with a felony charge, including drunk driving charges, may not be allowed into Canada. Please note that you are required to have a valid U.S. passport in order to reenter the United States. Call us at 807-220-4682 or 807 220-5596 and we will further assist you with more information.
All Hunting Trips Include:
- 6 Days of Lodging – Check in at 3pm Saturday, and the bear hunts begin Sunday afternoon. Enjoy 5 consecutive evenings of bear hunting outings or until you get a bear, whichever comes first.
- Active Bear Hunting Sites – Pre-baited, well prepared sites that include comfortable 10 – 12 foot high stands.
- Modernized, Waterfront Cottages – Fully equipped cottages with screened in porches, modern plumbing, and kitchens where you can prepare your own meals.
- A 6-Day Fishing Package – Includes 18 foot Crestliner boats with 50 HP Yamaha motors. The boats are fully equipped with swivel seats, paddles, an anchor, landing net, and a bait bucket.
Black Bear Hunting Rates 2023
- 2-3 person party – $1,950 U.S. per person (subject to applicable taxes)
- 4-8 person party – $1,900 U.S. per person (subject to applicable taxes)
Our black bear hunting packages do not include the processing of a bear, the required bear export permit, hunting permit or fishing permit. The export permit can be purchased in the town of Ear Falls.
Hunting Check-in and Deposit Information
Check-in time begins at 3:00pm Saturday. Check-out time is at 10:00 a.m. the following Friday. A deposit of $500 per adult is required to confirm your reservation. Deposit refunds are at our discretion. All rates are quoted in U.S. funds and are subject to sales tax. We will accept personal checks for deposits but will only accept cash or money orders for the remainder of your balance, due at check-in.